Session chairs are expected to manage the schedule of their session as well as interaction with attendees via the chat box.
Before the conference:
- Make sure you check the programme in advance and know which session you will chair and its schedule of talks
- Expect the Zoom joining link sent to you by the conferences team via email on Thursday 1 April - Please make sure you have registered for the event!
On the session:
- Please log in 15 minutes before the start of your session to troubleshot any issues/delays that might arise from previous session
- Quickly introduce yourself to the audience
- The conferences team will be chairing slides at the beginning of each session with the schedule of talks and authors
- At the beginning of each presentation, introduce the author and title of the talk
- Audio to be off during the live talks or pre-recordings (you can keep your camera on if you wish to do so)
- Read the questions on the chat box (10 minutes for invited and 5 minutes for contributed)
- Please make sure you have prepared a couple of questions for the presenter
- Conclude the session or pass it onto to the next session chair
The conferences team will be managing the technical aspect of the live talks and will play an audible warning 2 minutes before each talk is due to end. It is then up to the chair to make sure the speaker does not go over their allocated time.
Delegates will be allowed to post their questions via the Zoom chat box throughout the session. You will be expected to ask the author as many questions as you can within the allocated Q&A time.
If you have any questions during the session, you can message the conferences team (Ana or Keenda) and/or the other speakers and chairs via the chat box.